Omni Montessori School in Charlotte, North Carolina, provides a safe and professional work environment for its teaching and non-teaching employees. The school places high value on individuals who are talented, energetic, and dedicated to the ideals of authentic Montessori education.
Omni offers competitive salaries and benefits. Full-time employees are provided:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid vacation and/or personal time off
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Opportunities for professional development
Omni Montessori School seeks and celebrates diversity, and is an equal opportunity employer.
ADOLESCENT OCCUPATIONS AND HUMANITIES GUIDE
Omni Montessori School seeks an Adolescent Occupations and Humanities Guide to work with our adolescent community of students aged 12-15 years, beginning on or before August 1, 2022. Qualified individuals must demonstrate a passion for guiding adolescents through project-based, integrated, student-focused curriculum models in the subjects of science and humanities, which include history and literature, as well as writing and research. The preferred candidate will be accustomed to working collaboratively within a team of educators and possess an AMI Elementary or Adolescent diploma. Interested individuals should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Omni Montessori School has an opening for a full-time Elementary Assistant for the 2022-2023 academic school year. This position requires love, patience and respect for children. The Elementary Assistant will encourage students to be independent and will model appropriate manners and behaviors. In addition, the Elementary Assistant will aid the Lead Guide in promoting a classroom environment designed to facilitate the social, physical and intellectual growth of students by following the tenets of Maria Montessori. Major duties will include maintaining the classroom environment, assisting in data collection and record keeping and providing supervision during non-academic times. A Bachelor’s degree and previous Montessori classroom experience are preferred. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND FACILITIES
Omni Montessori School seeks a Director of Finance and Facilities (DFF) who will help lead the operation of OMS in accordance with the educational philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori, as interpreted by Association Montessori International (USA). The DFF provides management and oversight for the following Business Office functions: budgeting, financial reporting, human resources, payroll, security, building and grounds, purchasing, receivables, payables, cash management, transportation and financial aid. The DFF needs to be available to work on or before July 1, 2022.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent written communication as well as interpersonal and public speaking skills
- 5-8 years of managerial level accounting/financial business management experience, preferably in an academic environment. Must include experience supervising staff, completing budgeting and forecasting, managing all aspects of human resources, and managing facilities.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and experience with automated accounting systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as with staff, teachers, parents, and community groups at all times to exhibit a positive attitude, to be self-motivated and to be able to cope successfully with stressful situations, schedules, and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
AFTERCARE PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Omni Montessori School seeks a part-time aftercare assistant to work with students aged 6 to 12 years for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year. The hours for this position are M-F, 3:15 – 5:30 PM when school is in session. Responsibilities include serving snack, supervising students on the playground and escorting children to enrichment and athletic activities. Previous experience working with elementary aged children is required. Please send an email with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PART-TIME BUS DRIVER
Omni Montessori School seeks a part-time bus driver for the 2022-2023 school year to transport students between two campuses. The ideal candidate will possess a NC CDL license with School Bus Certification and have a minimum of one year of school bus driving experience. This is the perfect position for a retired bus driver who seeks 12-15 hours of work per week. Please send resume to email@example.com.
Date Position Available: (on-going)
We seek caring, responsible individuals to substitute as teachers and/or assistants in our multi-aged Montessori classrooms. This is an on call position. Ideal candidates will possess an understanding of Montessori pedagogy across all planes of development.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org