Kati Roy is an AMI-certified teacher who has taught for 19 years, including 12 at Omni.
Ms. Kati's favorite part of teaching is witnessing a child's love of working and learning. She enjoys seeing independence at an early age - particularly when a child may be thought incapable of such independence - and delights in seeing a child's sense of accomplishment after completing tasks. Ms. Kati considers it "a privilege to spend days in the school room with such eager, kind, and enthusiastic students."
The mother of two children who received a Montessori education from Primary through 6th grade and Primary through 8th grade, Ms. Kati is proud of her children's independence, kindness, and levels of high achievement.
Training and Skills
- B.A., Modern European History, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
- Fulbright Scholarship, History, University of Freiburg
- M.A.T., History, The Citidel Evening College, Charleston, SC
- Montessori Institute of Atlanta, 2003 - 2005
- AMI Refresher Courses: Charlotte, San Francisco, Atlanta, Long Beach
- Speaks German
- Love & Logic Seminars, Asheville & Raleigh with Jim Fay